Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Garnier Olia Review

Last year around spring/summer time and after years of black hair I decided to go blonde, yes, you read correctly. BLONDE.

It didn't look bad, at all, I honestly expected to look like crap considering my Hispanic background, we don't look too great blonde unless it's our natural color. But I went for it and it look... like this:
Me & my friend Caitlin on my 28th birthday last year

It became a nightmare after a few weeks; upkeep, maintenance, constant conditioning treatments, frizziness attacking me constantly, etc. I grew tired of it fast, but I was determined to go to Oktoberfest in Munich with light hair! And I did :D

My muscular better half & me in the Paulaner tent

I tried to go back to brunette a couple times, I wen't redhead for a couple weeks which was fun (also to help the brunette adhere better), but oh sadness... a month or two later it would wash away and back to blonde.

Yesterday I was bored, I had no plans other than washing dirty dishes so on my way home from work I purchased a couple of boxes of Ganier's Olia hair dye in 5.0 (medium brown) and boy did I like it! Hopefully the results will last (haven't had great experiences with Ganier Hair Colors).

Anyway! The product; on their website it says that this is the first oil powerd hair color on the market which conditions your hair. It doesn't contain ammonia which is a BIG plus in my book. It also says that the creamy  formula is blah blah blah, yes it's creamy and that seems to avoid the dreaded dripping all over the place. 

The results, no I have to admit after doing half my head I did start to get tired of doing it because I never realized how much more difficult it would be when your hair is mid-back length! So the second half of my hair was done a lil "sloppy". The color is very true to the picture on most of my hair, again the lighter patches are my own fault.

Once the whole thing was done I noticed something odd, most of the OTHER hair dyes tend to keep a creamy/gel like texture throughout the wait, not this one. For those who have bleached their hair on more than one occasion, you might have stumbled upon or are familiar with the Redken Extreme Anti Snap line. These hair products are intended for damaged hair, when you push your luck a little too much and get nasty stringy, bubblegum textured hair. The entire line is packed with proteins that you've just magically destroyed on your beautiful tresses, and Redken was so kind enough to put it in a bottle. When you apply these products, if you get a little carried away, your hair will feel a little crunchy as if you had just applied a little too much hairspray. Ganier's Olia does the same thing while you're dying your hair, so you do have to ensure you saturate every strand of hair or you will end a tad patchy like myself (I'll blame it on my arms being tired).
YAY brown hair! 


Would I recommend it? Yeah, my hair feels great and it's not blonde anymore! Happy customer. I really hope it doesn't wash away as bad as the others have.


Thumbs up for Ganier's OLIA.





No comments:

Post a Comment