Friday, January 10, 2014

Butter London The Black Knight Review

I am a big fan of Butter London nail polishes, their colours are so unique and beautiful.
Sadly I am a little disappointed with The Black Knight, the formula is a little gloopy and you definitely need 2 coats to get the results you're looking for AND it chipped off so fast!

I did my nails yesterday evening and today before noon... well as you can see, my left hand looks just fine but the right hand has already began to chip away.
So sad it chipped in less than a day

Left hand intact, chipped 3 hours later...


You must be thinking "Well, what about your top coat?" Yes, I did apply a top coat. The next thought that comes to mind is "Is this polish really worth it's price?" Maybe not this colour specifically, but I think maybe, just maybe if you use this polish in a "jelly Sandwich" it might actually work great.

Jelly sandwiches work great with regular nail polishes with high glitter content because glitter polishes dry a lot faster than regular ones.

Apply a thin layer of gel soak off base coat and cure it for 120 seconds, wipe off the stickiness with a lint free cotton pad and apply your polish, let it dry as you would normal nail polish, wait an hour or two and then apply your gel soak off top coat and cure for 2 minutes and TADA!!!!

This should help these kind of "chippy" nail polishes stay on for a bit longer. I haven't done it with this polish specifically but I have done it with others and it's worked wonders.

Don't give up on that beautiful polish you fell in love with JUST because it chips off so fast, there are ways to make it last :)


No comments:

Post a Comment