Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Mom Makeover

My mother has been an inspiration of strength and intelligence to me my whole life, my father thought he could make her decide between her education or him and she chose wisely, two spoiled kids, a house, a full time job and college on her free time is all I can remember from our years in California but I remember loving every minute of it.

Around 17 years ago my mom finally let go, she got kidnapped when I was about 13 years old and things were never the same since, she slowly began to use less and less makeup, less and less girly clothes, fortunately the kidnapping only involved a heavily aggressive pat down by her aggressors but that was enough to feel like she had to hide herself behind baggy clothes for life.

We went through so much struggle after my brother left us and later joined the forces, I never got a chance to go to high school because we needed food and that involved me and my mom working for low paying jobs because my mother was let go the year I was meant to and being a lady in her mid to late 30's was never a good look on your resume in a place like Mexico City.

Slowly but surely I landed a good paying job when I was 19, she got a secure good paying job around the same time, we were slowly getting back up on our feet, never enough to indulge but just enough to not complain (mind you we did indulge quite a bit whenever there were Christmas bonuses).

In all this time, all the ups and downs, my mom always found a way to spoil me, she bought me my first ever high end beauty product which was the first Smokey Eye palette by Too Faced and of course I died LOL. Again, she always found a way to spoil ME... the older I got the more that notion hurt me because I know she always put me first no matter how bad we had it.

As much as it was Josh and my wedding I wanted my mom to SPARKLE and stand out and I have to say she did, she looked more beautiful than I had ever seen her before in my life, the smile, the makeup, the dress, the hair. I was a picky bride when it came to makeup and hair but BOOOOY did these girls deliver.

And she did what she always does... she put me before her again that day, on our way from the chapel to the venue she twisted her ankle and didn't tell me. She went on through dinner and some dancing, she finally asked me "Hey do you mind if I put on my sneakers and I actually told her to wait because the photographers were still taking pictures. She told me the next day about her ankle and I flipped! I felt like shit for telling her to not change her shoes but I honestly had no idea!!! UGH!!!! Momma Norrigan, why you do this!!!

Anyway, this was by far the most awesome time I had while she was visiting us un England, even with all the wedding madness I took her shopping, proper shopping, just for her! I made damn well sure she splurged, she even got 2 dresses for the wedding, I took her to Primark, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, everywhere I could think of that she might like and I'm pretty sure she maxed out one of her credit cards on herself and I'm freaking happy she did. Yes she did give us quite a wedding gift and bought my dress and yes that made me feel guilty but then she told me to shut up, I was her only daughter and she was going to do with her money what she wanted.


My beautiful mother

Mom-in-law AKA Momma Janel and my Mom

Fixing my mom's hair

Today a bride, tomorrow a wife, forever your little girl.

Now excuse me while I go curl up in a ball and cry my heart out... I miss my mom!!!! I'll see her again next Christmas! YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment